Roleplaying beyond the usual stereotypes has always been one of the core values of Fearghal. Looking for those amazing moments where your character comes to life through role-playing with other intriguing characters.
Come, friend, let yourself become immersed in the rich tales of the Mighty Fearghals. The following is a blend of narratives based on or inspired from actual rp sessions, and more descriptive sections to explain what the Clan Fearghal is all about.
Immersion is another core value - a delicate concept that can only come through mutual respect and a healthy amount of common sense amongst roleplayers. For a detailed account of how we conduct our role-playing, take a look at our Role-playing Guide
Storytelling and Dynamic progression is at the foreground.When the story lines of our individual character beggin, no one knows how they will end. If we truly want them to come alive through role-playing, we must set them loose and let them show us what lies beyond.
The Lore of Clan Fearghal's is vast. Many of the Cimmerian names and places in AoC have been derived from Gaelic. Did you know Conall's Valley means the Valley of Love? You will find that Clan Fearghal is also heavily inspired by Gaelic. Indeed Clan Fearghal means Family of Honour in Gaelic.
Clan Fearghal are an unlikely clan bound not by blood, but their ideals, their honour. With roots grounded in Fearghal an Dun, their stronghold, the Fearghals seem to have a common lust for travelling to spread their trade, ideas and to learn.
The progressive ideals of the Fearghal leaders has often brought scorn and fear from what the Fearghal's view as the under-developed tribes of Cimmeria.
War is a human condition in these times, and Clan Fearghal has seen its share of wars. Our history is heavily inter-woven with several other guilds (Setmosis, Black Thorn, Koragg etc) in a bloody setting where betrayal, lust for power, love and moments of glory and honour come together on an epic scale. We invite you to come to our forums and let yourself get lost in the tales. Perhaps you come to realize you as well want to know what lies beyond. Our Lore
~ PvP ~
Although Clan Fearghal is a heavy RP guild, we enjoy our fair share of PVP. We have no KOS or NAP list, our PVP is free and fun. And our rules are to us just common sense.
First of all, since our RP can be very graphic, we only accept players above age 18. We do make exceptions however, if the player seems mature enough.
Our recruitment usually consists of a little talk in tells, and an IC interview after, where we observe your role-playing style and experience. Don't be afraid if you try RP for the first time, you can always check our RP guide.
Another aspect is for players to be out of Tortage. If those two are met, and you're through with the IC interview, you'll be a Paisti (or recruit). During your Paisti period, both you and us will see if Fearghal is the guild for you.
~ Contacts ~
If you have any question, or would like to join, contact one of the following people in-game:
- Our main focus is to roleplay our characters so we are loyal to their background stories. We believe this can only be done with as little OOC interference as possible.
- We pride ourselves with the best guild chat, no less. People have litterally died laughing because it's so epic. A Japanese horror movie based on this killer-chat is in the making.
- When the roleplaying starts, we go with the flow - anything can happen!
- We have a tier 3 keep and are working to complete our tier 3 city.
- That odd one out of ten Cimmerians reccommends Fearghal.
- We have been here since release, originating from the Corinthia Server.
- We are about quality over quantity.
- We make an effort out of talking individually with each new member. We will help with ideas, and talk about the character's background and what role they think could be fun to play in the Fearghal Clan.
- We expect our members to be familiar with our roleplaying guide.
- We love our pvp. Both the casual no-strings-attached-OOC kind and in massive planned RP-PvP events.
- We won't tell you how to play, instead we urge people to show at least a minimum of respect for other players' immersion.
- Our best OOC friends also happen to be our worst IC enemies
- Only adults are allowed to join the Fearghal's as our rp can be very graphic.
- We try to engage in and spark roleplay with anyone who's around our characters.
- When in doubt, blame Caspian
Last edited by Silvara-CF; 19th November 2010 at 11:00..
For now the clan is not receiving any new members as we are in the stage of reorganising ...please hold on till we get settled in the new state of things (both ooc and ic) and our gates will be once again open
Last edited by Silvara-CF; 19th November 2010 at 10:54..
In a nutshell most of Clan Fearghal have moved to merge with Clan Korrag under the name of the "Tribes of the North".
Those left behind in Clan Fearghal are Silvara (new name Merilda), Seichan and Elyssa. Those will be the new contacts for the Fearghals for the time being. We are regrouping and will be presenting the new state of things in the rp scene as soon as the merge's dust settles down.
Soo.. Fearghals are still alive and kicking while Clan Korrag has a new name "Tribes of the North".