Yesterday I was grouping with a friend as usual, and we had a problem with some quest. It is the third time we have that problem. Here it goes.
* We both have a quest 'Get object A for mister B'.
* We both enter an instanced room where one of use pick object A up.
* Object A dissapear but only one of us get the quest update.
* As it is instanced, the object A does not respawn.
* We all get out, and try to get back in.
* Only one of us can get back in as the other one is already a step further in the quest.
* One person has to do the quest alone.
* Same 2 persons group
* We enter the Mausoleum in White Sand
* We need to talk to an NPC to let him open the door
* As one of us clicked faster than the other, something *NO SPOILER* happens
* Only the guy who clicked first get the quest update (even if nothing had to be picked up!)
* Same scenario as before..2 persons leave, only 1 can come back..
* This is a roleplay killer.
Is it something we do wrong, or is it a problem on the gameplay?
we had the same problem at the mausoleum. I don't think your/we're doing anything wrong, its the gameplay/questing system in AoC.
With us we had to go back in 4x for the mausoleum quest, and the last one had to do it alone.
uhm...we all already had the quest..so sharing just mentions that that person is already on the quest. Its not sharing the quest that's the problem..its sharing the quest update...so far only noticed this at the mausoleum though..
Had the same problem with the quest to destroy huts in the Pict area, only the person who did the destroying got the update.
I did find though that with the instanced quests the item did respawn but it no longer 'glowed' so you only noticed it if like me you were frustratedly hoverring the mouse over where it should have been. May not be true for all but might help with some issues.
Yes, this is pretty frustrating, the respawn timer on objects in instances is way way way too slow and stuff does not update for every group member which is very frustrating. Its bad enough duoing everything, I cant imagine doing stuff with a full group.