Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: fixing PvP crowd control imbalances

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    PoMs are certainly not dominating pvp with this skill or pvp period with any skill. When played correctly they can be useful at best if its not a competitive pvp match.
    Repulse + Repudiate... That's two of the best CCs ingame to possibly put together as you can weave them together.
    Are you saying Funcom should balance classes according to improper pug-play because we can't always utilize this combination there?

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    Leave this class alone already and stop calling for things to nerf us anymore, enough is enough.
    Ok, then let's say PoM depend on their instant Repulse to cope. We leave it unchanged. I don't want the thread flooded with PoMs crying already. We will still be able to doubletap it to some extent if they improve doubletaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartaacus View Post
    What needs to be changed is CC immunity Timer.
    [...]
    1 minute immunity for EVERY SINGLE CC in game.
    While I agree longer CCs like a feated Bear Shaman Ursine Crush should give a longer immunity, some shorter CCs like Momentum stun or unfeated Ursine Crush for that matter shouldn't give a full minute immunity.

They must adjust some immunity timers, Im all for this!!! Keep One Last Push in mind though (pointed out by Wheya on f2p forum)
    Last edited by Lurvi; 6th March 2013 at 02:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Repulse + Repudiate... That's two of the best CCs ingame to possibly put together as you can weave them together.
    Are you saying Funcom should balance classes according to improper pug-play because we can't always utilize this combination there?

Ok, then let's say PoM depend on their instant Repulse to cope. We leave it unchanged. I don't want the thread flooded with PoMs crying already. We will still be able to doubletap it to some extent if they improve doubletaps.

While I agree longer CCs like a feated Bear Shaman Ursine Crush should give a longer immunity, some shorter CCs like Momentum stun or unfeated Ursine Crush for that matter shouldn't give a full minute immunity.

They must adjust some immunity timers, Im all for this!!! Keep One Last Push in mind though (pointed out by Wheya on f2p forum)
    OLP ... thats right...

CCs are fine after the last revamp! I have not seen the old fluid sidesteps though. Does anyone have a video of that?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Smile

Detonation

Also problematic is:

Ranger AoE kb trap range
    Conq charge knockback cone
    Snap kick animation speed
    Khitai rank knockback animation speed (barb/bs/guard)

These last ones I believe could use minor tweaks aswell.

After tweaking these rework the doubletap animations to be abit smoother/faster. (the buffs are near fine and offer variety)
    With this we'll have a possible counter to knockbacks, and we'll see more dynamic play, rewarding those with knowledge, awareness and reflexes.

Discuss this topic, and please include your opinion on the current doubletapping mechanics as a counter to knockback. It's already here and working to a certain extent. Would be easy to adjust.
    I agree with u, but snap kick is enough hard to land on mowing target alerady, i want snap kick without combo step ^^
    Last edited by Derled; 6th March 2013 at 06:43.

I don't think so. AoC is balanced for group PvP, and there the power of these three knockbacks stand out prominantly as pretty devastating.

Also I mentionied almost all knockbacks ingame, not just "some classes CCs".

The KBs I left out were:
    Scatter foes
    Wicked Bolt
    Linebreaker
    Eye of the Storm (quite unique, and should remain so)
    Batter Aside

These are fine and make no imbalance.
    I can't agree with ranger trap upsetting group PvP balance. However the high dps of soldiers and healers do.

Before they balance they should fix the network and synchronizing issues first (where i hope the new GD has already put a focus on).
    All the best game system and balance in the world can not do good, if you are rubberbanded back to a cc that was triggered seconds before you already evaded the hit (on your client)...or if you freeze as soon as 4 people execute "something" on you.
    I can't remember it being so bad in 2009/2010, so something happened along the way and funcom would be the best adress to know what it was. You had lag sure, sometimes worse than today, but it was caculateable lag (if you moved to the left while it happened you likely ended up on your left after the lag or freeze (not today)). Also you could react to some 1s cast time, if fast as human, without special help...just because the synchronizing was better. Now it is a random luck based game most of the time.

Sidesteps were never fluid for me since 2009...so i would like to see them too, like Lunatic
    What i miss in todays pvp is any action-reaction based combat. Maybe the actual system is already good for that, if the network synchronizing is better though (i can't judge, since with the current tech i sure have NO action-reaction combat. All i can do is predict the enemy and do things before they do...but not react).

About double tap...wouldn't it be time to either make the backwards tap either an acknowledged wanted mechanic to avoid knockback (and include that in the tooltip) or count it amongst other things you don't speak about?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 6th March 2013 at 08:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyon View Post
    From PoMs point of view, Repulse is the crutch that makes it viable in pvp, removing it will leave it boring and broken.
    This is why it should be changed, who wants to pvp with a crutch.

I don't agree nerfing it though (not without AA refund/rework), but changing it total to work different. If funcom still want KB, lower CD of spell and increase CD of KB imunity.

Ok, then let's say PoM depend on their instant Repulse to cope. We leave it unchanged. I don't want the thread flooded with PoMs crying already.
    Don't be a pussy, don't give in, not that many poms on forum anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Before they balance they should fix the network and synchronizing issues first
    Totally agree, often I see the animation of my INSTANT repulse, and it never goes off because someone cc or kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacerdo View Post
    Don't be a pussy, don't give in, not that many poms on forum anyways.
    All they hear is NERF, and they don't want to discuss the things that matter. It's better this way.

About network and synchronizing issues, Kurt2013 you're spot on about how it contributes to make it impossible to react to some of these things. I find combos to be worse than spells though, which is why I wanted to put emphazise on Khitai rank combos/Snap kick too.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast