Monthly Development Update - March 2011
View Single Post
31st March 2011, 03:57
The crowd control changes might not be that dramatic. Here's a very condenced summary. I might have left out some important details. Note that this is very "work in progress".
The new CC changes will mainly involve :
* Restricting CC-chaining
* Avoiding instant CC effects, tweaking cast times, durations, range etc.
* Introducing silence breakers, resist and reduction
* Looking into how much CC resist each class currently have
* Charm is gone (Not for NPCs though)
* We want to limit the amount of CC effects that can be chained on a target. Right now we have included the Recently Impaired effect to Silence and Roots, but we might end up doing something more drastic. We have more options on the table.
* You will not be staggered while snared
* Several feats have been changed. For example : Barbarian no longer have the feated root after knockback. Tos, Visions of hatred have been changed to something far more useful.
Cast Times, Durations etc :
* Most CC effects will have an execution time (Including traps)
* We are working on trimming down / swiching combo animations for CC combos as well.
* Durations on many CC effects have been normalized
* We have capped snares at 60%
* CC range for casters will most likely be increased a bit (from the current 5 meters)
* We will probably change many cc combos to include an initial attack
* We are currenly looking into how Silence affects players abilities. Currently it does not make sense for many abilities.
* We have the ability make spells bypass silence as well.
* NPC abilities will also use the new CC rules. We have also fixed many broken NPC abilities that never applied immunities both in the Khitai areas and old content. Example : Some Thunder River NPCs are known to stun lock players.
Other important changes outside CCs in the loop (Might not be 2.2 material) :
* We are also playing around with shortening down a lot of combo animations. This will *hopefully* also lead to a complete removal of the "rooting" phase at the end of the combo making melee combat a lot more dynamic. This should also fix "the issue we are not supposed to speak about"
* Ranged combos will get LoS checks.
* donbosco : Yes, you will get your Holy Accession fix AND working column spells in pvp (Lance, Searing Eye) AND silence breaker(s) AND more
Last edited by enex; 31st March 2011 at
View Public Profile
Send a private message to enex
Find More Posts by enex